Data Engineer Marketing Analytics, Insights (m/f/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate journey from A to B, individually tailored for every person to give them peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling into the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
We are looking for a dedicated Data Engineer Marketing Analytics (m/f/x) join our Data Science Team in our Berlin office. We are a successful tech startup, and we’re looking for someone who wants to change the world of travel.
- You will be be an inspiring and engaged member of our three person Data Science Team
- You will set the backend base and assure the scalability for analysing increasing amount of data
- You will maintain and expand a state of the art advertising & tracking setup
- You will undertake the development of complex jobs and processes of Business Intelligence
- You will enhance and maintain the data pipeline for the Data Science department as well as manage the database and tracking setup (SnowPlow)
- You will act as the link between IT and Data Science Team
- You will report to the Head of Data Science
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Backend Engineer
- Proven skills in advertising technology infrastructure setup
- Experience in optimizing marketing spend and budgets (life time value based performance management)
- Experience in Apache Spark (Python and optionally Scala API) with Jupyter notebooks
- Proven knowledge of Data Warehousing, RDBMS, ETL
- Experience with tracking pipelines, ideally SnowPlow
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of business processes and KPIs
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, Bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Sounds like an interesting challenge? We’d love to talk! We look forward to your CV including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations. Your contact person is Eileen Merx.
Starting Date: Flexible | Place: Berlin Mitte | Commitment: Full Time