Data Engineer Marketing Analytics, Insights (m/f/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate journey from A to B, individually tailored for every person to give them peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling into the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
We are looking for a dedicated Data Engineer Marketing Analytics (m/f/x) join our Data Science Team in our Berlin office. We are a successful tech startup, and we’re looking for someone who wants to change the world of travel.
- You will be be an inspiring and engaged member of our three person Data Science Team
- You will set the backend base and assure the scalability for analysing increasing amount of data
- You will undertake the development of complex jobs and processes of Business Intelligence
- You will maintain and expand a state of the art advertising & tracking setup
- You will enhance and maintain the data pipeline for the Data Science department as well as manage the database and tracking setup (SnowPlow)
- You will act as the link between IT and Data Science Team
- You will report to the Head of Data Science
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Backend Engineer
- Experience in Apache Spark (Python and optionally Scala API) with Jupyter notebooks
- Skills in advertising and technology infrastructure setup
- Proven knowledge of Data Warehousing, RDBMS, ETL
- Experience with tracking pipelines, ideally SnowPlow
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of business processes and KPIs
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, Bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Is this the challenge you’re looking for?
We look forward to your CV including a track record of your projects and achievements, your earliest starting date, and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime via [email protected]. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann
Starting Date: Flexible | Place: Berlin Mitte | Commitment: Full Time