Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
fromAtoB is looking for a full-time Backend Engineer headquartered in Berlin.
Our mission is to help everyone find the best way to get from A to B. We care about the customer experience and we’re building a platform that integrates and analyses hundreds of routes, stations, providers and fares. Thanks to our transportation networks understanding, we are always developing and improving our algorithms.
Every search, intelligent routing, booking, payment, email and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As a Backend engineer at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our friendly team spirit, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Write elegant, well-tested and scalable code.
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews.
- Share your knowledge with your teammates.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects.
- Continuously evaluate and align your code with and towards the higher-level architecture and goals.
- Software development skills with experience in Ruby or Golang.
- Experience with web frameworks like Rails.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres and Redis.
- You have experience with TDD (with tools like RSpec).
- Ability to work on self-managed projects.
- Consumer centric mindset.
Nice to have
- Experience with DevOps: Containersation, Cloud Infrastructure, Configuration Management and Security would be a big plus.
- Understanding of concurrency models.
- Experience building APIs and Microservices (e.g. REST, gRPC, PubSub).
- Routing algorithms.
- 30 days of Paid Time Off
- Personal Development Budget (conferences, courses, trainings and books)
- 20% discount on personal travels
- Open source mindset
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve todays or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Flexible working hours, casual working environment and standing desks
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Fresh fruit & drinks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!
- Your complete application with salary expectations
- Your GitHub ID
Feel free to contact us in advance if you have any questions about this role: join-our-team (at) fromatob.com.