Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)
fromAtoB is looking for an experienced full-time Backend Engineer headquartered in Berlin.
We bring people from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe’s traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that magically calculate the best path between two places. Travelling has never been easier or more efficient and we do all this without charging any extra fees.
Every search, intelligent routing, booking, payment, email and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As a Backend engineer at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our exceptional team spirit, great benefits, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Write elegant, well-tested and scalable code.
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews.
- Share your knowledge with your teammates.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects.
- Continuously evaluate and align your code with and towards the higher-level architecture and goals.
- Software development skills with experience in Ruby or Golang.
- Experience with web frameworks like Rails.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres and Redis.
- You have experience with TDD (with tools like RSpec).
- Ability to work on self-managed projects.
- Consumer centric mindset.
Nice to have
- Experience with DevOps: Containerization, Cloud Infrastructure, Configuration Management and Security would be a big plus.
- Understanding of concurrency models.
- Experience building APIs and Microservices (e.g. REST, gRPC, PubSub).
- Routing algorithms.
We’d love to talk!
- Your complete application with salary expectations
- Your GitHub ID
directly via workable.