Senior iOS Engineer (m/f/d)
fromAtoB is looking for an experienced full-time iOS engineer headquartered in Berlin.
Our platform integrates and analyzes thousands of routes across Europe, combining multiple transportation providers and their fares together to enable users to find the best way to get from A to B. Whether that be with train, plane, bus, car-share or a combination of these methods, our mission is to help people travel easier than ever before.
As an iOS engineer at fromAtoB, your enthusiasm is needed to convert people into happy travelers. In return, you will thrive from our friendly team spirit, flat hierarchies, self-organising teams and a culture where your contributions are highly valued.
In the first few weeks, you will learn about our industry, challenges that face us and what the future of mobility might look like. You will dive head first into our all-Swift codebase and get a feeling for what we do and how we’ve architected solutions to our past problems. You will learn how we develop, maintain and test features of our product.
In the first three months, you will work closely with other squads/departments to address complex problems. At this point you will have a good feeling for our codebase and are able to write clean, elegant solutions that fit our architecture. Going forward, you'll have a solid understanding of what we are here to do, how we can work together provide great features to our users while moving the bar forward in the travel industry.
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile iOS application
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing and design/code reviews
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests
- Partner closely with Product, UI/UX and Backend teams to ship awesome things
- Research and prototype technical solutions to problems in our domain
- 4+ years iOS development experience
- Solid knowledge of Swift
- Enthusiasm for iOS development and writing clean easily-tested code.
- Good understanding of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
- Good know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns like MVVM.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break
- You've worked with protocols and dependency-injection
- You understand client/server architectures using HTTP, REST and JSON
- You have experience working with Git
- You’ve worked extensively with AutoLayout
- Understanding of concurrency and threading
NICE TO HAVE
- An eye for user experience and UI design
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience using common tools like Firebase, Fastlane, CircleCI and Cocoapods
- Contributions to open source projects or shipped personal apps
- You've heard of GraphQL
- 30 days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 20% discount on personal travels in Europe
- Flexible working hours and casual working environment
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Fresh fruit & drinks
Please submit your complete application with salary expectations, GitHub username and any other relevant links (App Store apps, repositories, personal website, etc) to [email protected] or apply directly via Workable. We look forward to speaking with you!