Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) (m/f/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate journey from A to B, individually tailored for every person to give them peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling into the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
For our Team in our centrally located Berlin office we are looking for a dedicated Chief Marketing Officer (m/f/x) who would like to change the world of travel with us.
- Member of the management team and sparring partner for the CEO with full budget and sales as well as joint P&L responsibility
- Shape and drive our fromAtoB business to a leading position in our core markets in Europe
- Define the marketing and brand strategy & positioning, business plans, budgets and structures for the marketing department
- Build, lead, coach and assist a growing team of team leads and marketing experts in daily business
- Develop and scale innovative marketing campaigns and channels
- Design, manage and optimize a diversified mix of marketing activities and budgets across all European countries and all marketing channels with the goal of accelerated new customer acquisition and even stronger increase in retention
- Brand building
- Strong focus on TV advertising (double-digit million EUR TV budget) and other offline marketing activities such as DOOH
- Performance Marketing incl. SEO
- Content creation and story telling
- Social Media incl. Influencer Marketing
- Graphics, creatives
- Cooperate with BI/Data Science team to optimize channel setup and be able to further automate marketing and tailor messages
- Manage link between country needs and Marketing Managers / Channel experts
- You received an outstanding degree in a business/marketing or tech-related subject (e.g. economics, marketing, business)
- You have gained at least 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in a market- and customer-oriented industry & function, ideally in travel and/or E-Commerce. Top Management Consulting a plus.
- You have the great combination of being creative and data-driven/analytical at the same time paired with conceptual and strategic thinking
- You achieved proven outstanding results with respect to both qualitative (e.g. branding building, creative / design, campaign creatives) and quantitative (e.g. performance, attribution, CLV) marketing challenges
- Strong customer focus and profound understanding of underlying customer needs
- Personal drive to design new marketing approaches, processes and structures and push sales
- You have the ability to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, structure and prioritize adequately for you and your teams to maximize business impact in a fast-paced environment
- You are hands-on with the agile mentality
- You have excellent leadership skills which help you build/grow an outstanding marketing team
- Hungry with a high level of motivation and high ambition level
- Great team player and fun to work with
- Fluent in German and English
- Make us better, not bigger
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Support in your personal development to get to the next level
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks, family dinners)
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Reliability & innovation: Since 2008 we are bringing customers from A to B and we have solid financing. Nevertheless, we have still been able to maintain the start-up spirit!
We look forward to your CV including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime via join-our-team (at) fromatob.com. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann.
Starting Date: asap | Place: Berlin Mitte (Hackescher Markt) | Commitment: Full Time