Chief Financial Officer (m/w)
fromAtoB is looking for an experienced full-time Chief Financial Officer (m/f) headquartered in Berlin.
We unite lovers, families and businesses. We bring our customers from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe’s traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that calculate the best path between two places. Traveling has never been easier or more efficient and we do all this without charging any extra fees. When customers use our products, they search, scroll, click, swipe, filter and book. They touch and feel our work; your work - everyday.
This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, high growth start-up business at a key point in its strategic development. Acting as a key business partner to the CEO and to the shareholder you should be a finance professional of the highest calibre, with the experience to build a ‘fit for purpose’ finance team and the ability to maintain a timely and accurate finance culture. You will have overall responsibility for fromAtoB´s financial reporting and financial modelling and will put in place the robust systems and structures that enable the successful expansion of our company.
The following job description outlines your key focus areas:
- Lead, train and coach the Finance Team
- Responsible for all finance related matters including Accounting, Audit, Tax, Controlling, Online Payment and Fraud Management, i.e.
- Planning, budgeting, cashflows, demand forecasting, cash collections, tax planning, payment of invoices, currency conversions, etc.
- Introduction and development of a consistent contribution margin / income statement at project and product level
- Designing, implementing and maintaining robust and scalable accounting and reporting systems and controls which will accurately record the financial activity of the company
- Management of the annual reports of the company
- Monthly reports to management and shareholder
- Responsible for adherence to the budgeting and planning process
- Own the financial and operational KPIs of the company, including forecast, cash-flow, financial modelling and forecasting P&L
- In-depth analysis and interpretation of data to help drive key business performance metrics
- Involvement in operational and strategic decision-making processes, in particular support of the CEO in the evaluation of growth opportunities and budget planning
- Optimize the framework of business analytics to assist in the day-today management operation of the company
- Entrepreneurial type of person
- Experience in leadership
- Highly analytical person; results oriented and priority driven
- Good decision maker with high level of problem solving skills
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Diploma / Master degree in Business Administration or ACCA with a focus in Accounting, Controlling, Finance and Tax
- Experienced senior role at a fast growing start-up and preferably proven work experience in corporate financial and accounting functions
- Operational finance skills, experience building board meeting decks and reporting to investors/to the board
- Very strong commercial understanding/financial knowledge (balance sheets, P&L, cash Flows, KPIs) to control companies by means of financial and business key figures
- Strong analysis and judgement in connection with entrepreneurial decisions concerning the expansion of business activities (business plan creation, scenario modelling, etc.)
- Affinity and understanding of travel metasearch business models
- Excellent written and spoken German and English is a must have
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
We’d love to talk! Please submit your complete application with salary expectations directly via workable. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann.