Head of Business Development (m/w/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate journey from A to B, individually tailored for every person to give them peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling into the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
For our Team in our centrally located Berlin office we are looking for a dedicated Head of Business Development (m/f/x) who would like to change the world of travel with us.
- Implement the commercial strategy for fromAtoB business
- Develop, lead and manage all commercial activities of fromAtoB business
- Own relations with providers (notably transportation, but also other suppliers like insurances, accommodation etc.), B2B partnerships (e.g. with OTAs, media networks), and other traffic sources
- Develop and implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy, focusing on existing as well as new product areas and emerging markets
- Ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved
- Manage a team of +3 people on the above tasks
- Understand the value drivers of fromAtoB business and identify profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenues and market share
- Review and assess the potential to develop strategic partnerships
- Negotiate business terms with providers (notably transportation, but also other suppliers like insurances, accommodation etc.) & B2B partners
- Regular (perfomance) reviews with providers, to ensure that their needs are being met
- Review existing products, services and markets; undertake market research and analysis and producing business plans/recommendations, to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised
- Assess the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities
- Collate and analyze business data pertaining to all commercial activities: Ensure that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets (KPIs) in line with business objectives
- Set up effective workflows and quality management
- Min. Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years’ overall experience with at least 5 years in business development, digital product, project management or entrepreneurship, preferably in the travel/mobility industry
- Strong understanding of what it takes to make digital services successful
- You have the great combination of being creative and data driven/analytical at the same time paired with conceptual and strategic thinking
- You have the ability to manage multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, structure and prioritize adequately for you and your teams to maximize business impact in a fast-paced environment
- Can-do hands-on attitude
- You have excellent leadership skills which help you build/grow an outstanding team
- Love to work with people; strong skills at leading both clients and team
- Strong command of KPI/numbers
- End-to-end negotiating skills
- Fluency in German & English, other languages are a plus
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Support in your personal development to get to the next level
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks, family dinners)
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Reliability & innovation: Since 2008 we are bringing customers from A to B and we have solid financing. Nevertheless, we have still been able to maintain the start-up spirit!
We look forward to your CV including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime via join-our-team (at) fromatob.com. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann.
Starting Date: asap | Place: Berlin Mitte (Hackescher Markt) | Commitment: Full Time