Data Scientist - Business and Marketing Insights (m/f/d)
We bring people from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe’s traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that magically calculate the best path between two places. Travelling has never been easier or more efficient.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who joins us in understanding the world of our users by matching data with our marketing activities. With this role, you will not only dig into the numbers but as well draw conclusions for our marketing and management team to boost our strategies and make a significant impact in how we are pursuing in our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with raw event data to answer difficult business and product questions.
- Explore user journeys, understand customer behavior and provide valuable insights.
- Analyze marketing performance and draw practical conclusions for cost-effectiveness considerations.
- Create beautiful visualizations.
- Be the go-to-person for topics such as customer lifetime value, customer segmentation or prediction modeling.
- Collaborate with our Product team on A/B Testing.
- Enjoy the fun of exploring an exceptional amount of travel data.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative data analysis with strong knowledge of data mining, modelling and prediction techniques.
- Ability to understand the business behind the data and experience in explaining the data to the business.
- Very good understanding of Apache Spark, Python and SQL.
- Experience in visualization libraries (Bokeh, Matplotlib, etc.).
- Hands-on A/B Testing experience. Very good business understanding and advertising tech knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to convey your message to any stakeholder (from our intern to the management team).
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we offer to you:
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world (already 19 nationalities and more to come).
- Responsibility and ownership from Day 1.
- Support in your personal development to get to the next level.
- Flexible working hours, casual working environment and standing desks.
- A dynamic work environment with flat hierarchy.
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks).
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!