Data Scientist, Insights (m/f/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate way from A to B, individually tailored for the one individual and their peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling to the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. And that goes down well! With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
For our Data Science Team in our Berlin office we are looking for a dedicated Data Scientist (m/f/x) who would like to join our successful tech startup to change the world of travel.
- You will help us utilize an unprecedented amount of travel data
- You will be an inspiring and engaged member of our four person Data Science Team
- You will be responsible to maintain a data driven culture and to drive growth of the company from an analytics perspective
- You will advise management on critical strategic and operational decisions based on data analysis
- You will be challenging departments on their performance unveiling optimization potential
- You will create machine learning based predictive models and identify patterns in complex datasets to articulate user behaviour and define improvement opportunities
- You communicate your findings to various audiences from other departments to investors
- You will drive product development with A/B Tests of features
- You will report to our Head of Data Science
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative data analysis with strong knowledge of data mining, modelling and prediction techniques
- Solid skills in:
- Apache Spark (Python and optionally Scala API)
- Experience in visualization libraries (Bokeh, Matplotlib, etc.)
- Hands-on A/B Testing experience
- Strong statistics knowledge
- Machine Learning knowledge will be appreciated
- Confidence in communicating with the management level
- Very good business understanding and advertising tech knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, Bright, light-flooded office, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Is this the challenge you’re looking for?
We look forward to your CV including a track record of your projects and achievements, your earliest starting date, and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime via [email protected]. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann.
Starting Date: fexible | Place: Berlin Mitte | Commitment: Full-Time