Head of Data Science, Insights (m/f/x)
You want to make a difference and are full of energy and zest for action! You love travelling, have ambitions and are looking forward to challenges instead of avoiding them! Then you'll love fromAtoB: We are a successful, international tech start-up right in the heart of Berlin. And we're looking for you.
Our vision: To create the ultimate journey from A to B, individually tailored for every person to give them peace of mind. With fromAtoB you combine train, flight, long-distance bus and carpooling into the perfect trip from A to B. In one booking, with one payment and in no time. With a rating of 4.78 stars at Trusted Shops our customers show us that we are on the right track.
Want to join us?
For our Data Science Team in our Berlin office we are looking for a dedicated Head of Data Science (m/f/x) who would like to join our successful tech startup to change the world of travel. We have an unprecedented amount of travel data that beg to be utilized. As part of the extended management team you will act as a business partner to our CEO and as a motivating leader to help us grow to the next stage.
- You will build and enhance a data infrastructure for our Data Science Team and serve real time analytics across the organisation
- You will provide data as a basis for business decisions in Marketing, Business Development, Product Development and Finance
- You will collaborate cross-functionally and with multiple stakeholders to understand critical business problems and opportunities for data science
- You will contribute and promote innovative ideas that generate business value, such as recommendation, machine learning, deep learning, predictive modeling
- You will grow, mentor and train our team
- You will develop a long-term strategy for Data Science within our company
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar
- Relevant professional experience (+6 years) in the design of Data Science and Machine Learning projects
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating a team of data scientists and analysts in a fast-paced environment
- Strong background of complex modelling and advanced analytical techniques, including Big Data analysis, predictive and optimization modelling, time series/forecasting analysis
- Proven experience in advertising technology and tracking systems
- Deep understanding of business models and business processes
- Highly analytical person; results oriented and priority driven
- Proven experience in Python, Apache Spark and SQL, as well as event based tracking (Snowplow Analytics)
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken), German is a plus
- You take responsibility and ownership from Day 1
- Workplace with high technical standard and height adjustable desk
- A dynamic work environment in a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Well-funded and long-term oriented corporation as shareholder
- Great company benefits (20% discount on personal travel, 30 days of PTO, family dinners, bright, light-flooded office at Hackescher Markt in Berlin, fresh fruit & drinks)
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service and visa support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Is this the challenge you’re looking for?
We look forward to your CV including a track record of your projects and achievements, your earliest starting date, and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime via [email protected]. Your contact person is Sophie Schlömann.
Starting Date: Flexible/asap | Place: Berlin Mitte | Commitment: Full Time