Senior Android Engineer (m/f/x)
fromAtoB is looking for an experienced full-time Android developer based in Berlin.
We bring people from A to B. Thanks to our deep understanding of Europe's traffic networks, we develop unique and intelligent routing algorithms that magically calculate the best path between two places. Travelling has never been easier or more efficient and we do all this without charging any extra fees.
Every search, intelligent routing, booking, payment, email and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As an Android engineer at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our exceptional team spirit, great benefits, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Write elegant, well-tested and scalable code.
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews.
- Share your knowledge with your teammates.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects.
- Continuously evaluate and align your code towards higher-level architecture goals and platform trends.
- 3+ years of professional experience with native Android development (Java, Kotlin)
- 3+ applications published to the Google Play Store.
- Good knowledge of the Android UI framework, API's, and Material Design guidelines.
- Good understanding of HTTP, REST, Json, Dependency Injection, and experience with using libraries
- Excellent technical analysis, debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Advance Git skills. Git workflow mastered.
- Experience setting up Continuos Integration systems, automated tests (Unit, Integration, Instrumented, UI) and code static analysis tools.
- Experience pair programming, and different ways of team organization (Lean, Agile, Crossfunctional, Scrum).
- Knowledge of architectural patterns: Clean Architecture, Repository, MVP, MVVM, MVI, etc
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Kotlin and Kotlin Coroutines.
- Experience with Dagger, Retrofit/OkHttp/Okio, Espresso, Junit, Mockito, CircleCI, Firebase, RxJava2.
- Experience with Gradle multimodules projects and customized build logic.
- Experience in other programming languages.
- Experience coordinating and managing development teams.
- Open source projects and contributions.
- 30 days of Paid Time Off
- Personal Development Budget (conferences, courses, trainings and books)
- 20% discount on personal travels
- Open source mindset
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve todays or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Flexible working hours, casual working environment and standing desks
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Fresh fruit & drinks
Please submit your complete application with salary expectations, GitHub username and url's to Google Play published applications to [email protected] or apply directly via Workable. We'd love to talk!