Data Engineer (f/m/d)
fromAtoB is looking for a full-time Data Engineer (f/m/d) headquartered in Berlin.
Our mission is to help everyone find the best way to get from A to B. We care about the customer experience and we’re building a platform that integrates and analyses hundreds of routes, stations, providers and fares. Thanks to our transportation networks understanding, we are always developing and improving our algorithms.
Every search, intelligent routing, booking, payment, email and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As a Backend engineer at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our friendly team spirit, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Build consistent and scalable data pipelines (and support other engineers)
- Organise the data lake in a way the data is easily accessible to other teams
- Write elegant, well-tested and scalable code
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews
- Share your knowledge with your teammates
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects
- Continuously evaluate and align your code with and towards the higher-level architecture and goals
- Software development skills with experience in Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (such as Postgres and Redis)
- Good understanding of streams and event-driven platforms
- Ability to work on self-managed projects
- Consumer-centric mindset
Nice to have
- You have experience with Data Warehouses (such as BigQuery)
- Experience with DevOps: Containerisation, Cloud Infrastructure, Configuration Management, and Security would be a big plus
- Experience building APIs and microservices (e.g. REST, gRPC, PubSub)
- Knowledge of data serialization frameworks
- 30 days of Paid Time Off
- Personal Development Budget (conferences, courses, trainings and books)
- 20% discount on personal travels
- Open source mindset
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve todays or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Flexible working hours, casual working environment and standing desks
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Fresh fruit & drinks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!
Please submit your complete application with salary expectations to join-our-team at fromatob.com or apply directly from our Career website.